Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seeking Author's Permission

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently writing a book for Ink Publishers entitled Botany 101 which will be publishing in March 2011. I am writing to request permission to include the following material in my book:

Excerpt/figure/table details – including page numbers, and figure/table numbers

Author/editor:

Title of book, journal, website etc:

ISBN/issue number:

Publisher:

Date of publication:


for which I would like to receive non-exclusive World, including USA, rights in all languages and in print and electronic format.

The book is written for a professional and academic audience. It will have an initial print-run of [number] [hardback or paperback] copies at a price of [price], and I will make full acknowledgement in the usual manner.

If you do not control copyright to this material, please advise me to whom I should apply.

I would be most grateful if you could come back to me by [suggest reasonable deadline – make sure that this is earlier than your own actual deadline to allow time for any potential complications]. Many thanks for you assistance.

In Good Faith,
Letterbarn
http://letterbarn.blogspot.com/

No comments: