Friday, July 10, 2009

Sample Paternity Leave Letter

Paternity leave letter samples are not as common as Maternity Leave letters. They are hard to come by and maybe difficult for any new Dad to write. Below is an example or guide on how to write an effective Paternity or Parental leave letter with the important details of the duration of your paid leave.

Dear HR Officer,

Please be advised that I am officially filling a request for a Paternity leave.

I shall be taking my leave starting on January 6 to January 13. This is the duration of the allowable paid leave which I am entitled to as an employee.

As my wife will be undergoing a Cesarean section operation she will need adequate time to heal. I am taking an extended leave of absence without pay from January 14 to January 20 to take care for my wife and my newborn.

The total number of leave days I am applying for is two weeks. Please anticipate my return to work on January 21, 2010.

I hope you would consider my request as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
New Dad

No comments: