Friday, August 7, 2009

Christmas Letter to a Friend: When the Song of the Angels Is Stilled

When the song of the angels is stilled, when the star in the sky is gone.
When the kings and princes are home.
When the shepherds are back with their flocks.
The work of Christmas begins
To find the lost.
To heal the broken.
To feed the hungry.
To rebuild the nations.
To bring peace among people.
To make music in the heart.


- When the Song of the Angels Is Stilled
A poem by Howard Thurman


Dear Olive,

I heard this very moving song in Church, it was sung by the local choir and I felt the words unravel the meaning of the season. I would like to share it with you my dear. No matter how hard things are, may we find our spirits renewed and healed this Christmas.

Stay strong, my dear.

All my love,
Bailey

No comments: