Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sample Letter Calling Off Wedding Engagement

Though it is not necessary to explain why the wedding is off, you can always add a personal touch to it and not leave the relatives any more curious and perhaps even save you from answering a barrage of phone calls.

Dear Family and Friends,

Sean and I have been together for 12 and a half years. We have been friends since high school. I was 15 when we started dating and he was 17. I know everyone has long awaited the end of our engagement, hoping it would turn into that one great big wedding and settle into a lasting marriage.

Over the years, Sean and I have realized, this is not meant to be. We had something special too young and too soon. Perhaps we have always been great together as friends and it took this long and this event to realize that, because it has been so much fun growing up together this way.

I am grateful for the years we spent together, and I do love Sean, we will forever treasure our friendship. In this regard, we are calling off our engagement and moving forward on a mutually, positive note.

Thank you to all my family, friends for all your support.

Love,
Mindy

No comments: