Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sample Paternity Leave Letter for Adoption of a Child

A sample paternity leave letter informing your employer that you are adopting a child overseas and legal matters involving adoption will require you to take a valid leave of absence.


Dear Human Resources Manager,

This is to inform you of my intention to a 2 week paternity leave as of March 1 2010, due to the official adoption date of our child.

I am leaving the country with my wife to complete the necessary documentation and representation needed in order to legally adopt our son from foster care in the Philippines. We are welcoming Nathan, a special needs child into our lives. The next few days are very important to my family. I intend to return on March 15, 2010.

Attached are documents finalizing our upcoming adoption day. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Richard Perkins

No comments: