Thursday, September 10, 2015

I Forgive You Letter

A letter forgiving an ex boyfriend for breaking her heart.

Dear Hamish,

I forgive you.
I forgive you for breaking my heart.
I had to learn to unlove you one second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time.
I didn't know it would take years, I didn't realize it would take this long. You hurt me deeply and broke me in so many places when you left without a word. I had to fight my way to find myself back. I know I will never be the same again, I know I will never be fully whole, and that's okay too.


You don't have to explain yourself or your reasons for leaving me. All of us are human, scared of failing and weak for wanting something else entirely and somehow it makes me wonder if there was love at all. I struggled with anger and deep resentment for a time and I do not want those kinds of feelings ruling my life like a disease. Forgiveness is the best way to find the path to true happiness.

I wish you well to whatever life you have now.

Greta

No comments: